Simple RotiFrom gill1963 8 years ago
How to make it
- Add enough water to the flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes
- Cover with damp cloth and leave at room temperature for at least half an hour
- Break dough into 4 pieces.
- With the hands, stretch the dough out, fold in half, and repeat this 4 or 5 times. Roll out to approx 2mm thick, shake off excess flour
- Preheat hot plate or griddle (preferably non stick so you don't need oil).
- Place roti's onto hot griddle one at a time, and cook for a minute or so, until it starts to go crispy. Turn, cook another minute, then turn again. It should puff up. If your rotis don't puff up a lot, it doesn't really matter, but don't tell any Indian friends or they will gloat.
- Keep warm. If they do get cold they may go a bit hard, but sprinkle with water, cover, and microwave for a few seconds and they will go soft again.
The Cookgill1963 Bangalore, IN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!