Iceberg Wedge and Strawberry SaladFrom bluewaterandsand 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup mayo shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white sugar shopping list
- 1/8 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 head iceberg lettuce -- cored and cut into 4 wedges shopping list
- 1/2 red onion -- thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup fresh strawberries -- sliced shopping list
- 1 cup cantaloupe -- diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans -- toasted and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, milk, sugar, vinegar and poppy seeds. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, on four chilled salad plates divide the red onion evenly among the 4 plates. Place one iceberg wedge atop the red onions on each plate.
- Drizzle each wedge lightly with the poppy seed dressing.
- Sprinkle sliced strawberries and cantaloupe over each wedge. Drizzle again the dressing.
- Garnish with the toasted pecans.