Turkey SoupFrom gourmetloveaffair 6 years ago
- 1 leftover turkey carcass/bones shopping list
- 1 onion, root removed and quartered (leave on skin) shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks shopping list
- 6 peppercorns shopping list
- Cold water shopping list
- 1 large can whole tomatoes shopping list
- Leftover turkey meat, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 package large pasta shells shopping list
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put onion, celery, and carrot in bottom of large pot. Throw in peppercorns
- Place bones on top of vegetables.
- Cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Strain broth into another pot.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to eat, skim fat off top of broth.
- Heat and add tomatoes with juice, and pieces of turkey.
- Once boiling, add a package large pasta shells.
- Season to taste. (I like lots of pepper and some oregano)