Chicken Roasted With GarlicFrom rubymurray 8 years ago
How to make it
- Rub the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper, and squeeze lemon juice inside and over the skin.
- Stuff the bird with 1Ib (500g) of peeled garlic cloves, the bayleaf and thyme. (Smooshing the garlic with the flat of a knife blade and the heel of your hand helps to remove the skins easily).
- Brown the chicken in olive oil in a frying pan (skillet) then transfer to a roasting tin, breast side down. Roast in a medium oven oven for 30 minutes, or until the bird starts to brown.
- Add the remaining unpeeled garlic and 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the tin, turning the chicken on it's back, baste and continue to roast for about an hour (remember it will take longer to cook than usual because of the stuffing).
- When the bird is cooked, remove it and the roasted unpeeled garlic cloves to a warm serving dish. Add a glass of dry white wine to the juices in the roasting tin. Bubble this for a moment or two, season with salt and pepper and strain over the chicken.
The Cookrubymurray Leicestershire, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!