Cinnamon Ice CreamFrom redkitchen 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, stir together the sugar and half and half.
- When this begins to simmer, remove from heat, and whisk half of the mixture into the eggs.
- Whisk quickly so that the eggs do not scrample.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan, and stir in the heavy cream
- Continue cooking over medium low heat, stir constantly until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon
- Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla and cinnamon
- Set aside to cool
- Pour cooled mixture into and ice cream maker and freeze according to your machines instructions.