Foolproof Pilau RiceFrom rubymurray 7 years ago
- 1 cup basmati rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 4 whole cloves shopping list
- 4 green cardamom pods, slightly crushed shopping list
- 2 black cardamom pods if you can get hold of them, otherwise no matter shopping list
- Scant quarter of a tsp turmeric powder shopping list
- A drop of cooking oil for frying spices shopping list
How to make it
- Heat drop of oil in a pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add all the spices and heat, stirring, to release the flavours.
- Add the rice and heat, stirring around to coat in the spice and oil mixture.
- Add the water and stir just once, bring to the boil.
- As soon as the water comes to the boil, put the lid on the pan and turn the heat down low.
- Simmer slowly for 15 minutes, and no more! (set a timer if you have to)
- After 15 minutes remove the pan from the heat but don't lift the lid! Let it sit and steam for about 5 minutes.
- Lift the lid, remove the whole spices which will have come to the top. Carefully fork the rice over to aerate it. Let it air with the lid off for a minute or two before serving.
The Cookrubymurray Leicestershire, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!