Paprika ChickenFrom angelgirl94 5 years ago
- 1 fryer chicken-cut into pieces shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt-or to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons black pepper-or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder-or to taste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons paprika(sweet,smoked,or spicy)-divided shopping list
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms-undrained shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken pieces with salt,pepper,garlic,and 1 tablespoon paprika.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Place chicken in a greased cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle with remaining paprika.
- Bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
- Remove skillet from oven. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Place skillet with pan drippings on stovetop over medium high heat and add mushrooms.
- Combine water and cornstarch and pour into skillet.
- Bring to a boil,stirring constantly until thickened. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Add chicken. Coat well with gravy.
- Serve hot with rice,mashed potatoes,or biscuits.
- If the chicken does not produce enough juice for gravy or gravy is too thick, add a little water or chicken broth and season to taste.