Southwestern Breakfast BurritosFrom haiwaiinbreezes 5 years ago
- 1/2 package Jennie-O turkey Store (*R) turkey breakfast sausage Links shopping list
- 5 eggs (or egg substitute) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 (7-ounce) can sweet corn niblets, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles shopping list
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas, warmed shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) low-fat pepper jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Remove sausage from pan; drain.
- Cool sausages slightly; slice into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In small bowl whisk together eggs, water and chili powder until well beaten.
- Add egg mixture to skillet; cook over low heat.
- Once egg begins to set, top with sliced sausage, corn, black beans and green chiles.
- Using spatula, lift edges of eggs as they cook, letting uncooked part run underneath until egg is set.
- Top with cheese and cilantro.
- To serve, spoon egg mixture into warmed tortillas.
- Roll up tortilla to enclose filling.