Refrigerator Veggie PizzaFrom lunchboxer 8 years ago
- 2 large cans Pillsbury croissant dough shopping list
- 1 8-oz. cream cheese (low fat works too) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (ditto) shopping list
- 1 small package ranch dip mix shopping list
- Fresh veggies: thinly sliced baby carrots; broccoli, cauliflower, celery, all chopped into small pieces so you can sprinkle them on shopping list
- 1 small package fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- optional: finely chopped green onions shopping list
- I small can sliced black olives shopping list
- Meat-lover's option: 1 package sliced pepperoni, cut into little quarters & sprinkled over the top shopping list
- 1-2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- parmesan cheese (asiago & romano also taste great) shopping list
How to make it
- Remove croissant dough from cans and unroll into one large sheet. place it on a jelly roll pan or a pizza pan, pressing to join sections. It will be the 'pizza crust', so make it cover the sides also. Bake according to directions on container. Remove and cool.
- In separate bowl, mix sour cream, softened cream cheese and ranch mix till well-blended. Spread evenly on baked crust.
- Slice carrots and chop the other veggies, sprinkling them evenly on the crust.
- Top with olives & mushrooms. Lightly press all the veggies down with your hand so they sink a bit into the spread (it helps it hold together); add meat if you decide to use it.
- Lightly sprinkle cheddar and parmesan cheeses all over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnite if you make it a day ahead.
- When ready to serve, slice it carefully into small portions about 2" square.
The Cooklunchboxer Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!