French Toast Breakfast SandwichFrom lunchboxer 8 years ago
- 4 slices sandwich bread (any type) shopping list
- 6-8 slices crispy cooked bacon (options: sliced ham or cooked sausage patty) shopping list
- fruit jam or preserves shopping list
- sliced or shredded cheese (you choose) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar (white, brown, or honey) shopping list
- Pam spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat frying pan big enough for two slices of bread on medium heat.
- With a whisk or fork, mix eggs, milk, nutmeg, sugar, vanilla in a flat bowl that is big enough to fit your slice of bread.
- Spread a thin layer of jam on inside of each slice of bread
- Add cheese & meat to make a sandwich
- Carefully dip one side of sandwich in egg mixture, flip over and dip other side.
- Immediately put in heated frying pan sprayed with Pam (or use butter if you like) and let it brown, carefully flipping it over to cook the other side. Sandwich is done when cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Serve on plate with fresh fruit, more jam and syrup. Icy cold milk complements this sandwich, unless you prefer coffee or tea.
- A hungry man will most likley need another one, so plan accordingly or your serving will be just a faded memory!