Three Fruit TrifleFrom nuitblanche 8 years ago
- 1 pint strawberries, cleaned, hulled cut into slices shopping list
- 1 half pint raspberries, or 1/2 c. frozen, thawed not drained shopping list
- 1 not too ripe banana, sliced shopping list
- 1 pint ricotta cheese, skim shopping list
- 1 small container frozen whipped topping shopping list
- 1 half bakery/store bought pound cake,sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp confectionary sugar, separated shopping list
- 2 tbsp Chambord liqueur shopping list
How to make it
- Mix ricotta with whipped topping and one tablespoon of the sugar in large bowl, set aside.
- Mix sliced strawberries with 1 tbsp of the sugar and the Chambord
- Divide the cheese mixture in half.
- Mix the raspberries with one half of the cheese mixture.
- Take a trifle bowl, or 1.75 qt glass bowl and break up a slice and half or so of pound cake and pack into a layer on the bottom.
- Spread this layer with the raspberry mixture
- Make another layer of pound cake.
- Spread half the strawberries on this layer, top with half of the plain cheese mixture, then ring the bowl with the banana slices so they show from the outside.
- Make another layer of pound cake, layer with the remaining strawberries and pool the remaining cheese mixture on top of that.
- Chill for at least one hour.
The Cooknuitblanche Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!