Peas And Cheese Tortellini With Crusty Parmesan Cheese BreadFrom knwalter 5 years ago
- 1 lb. frozen cheese tortellini shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 5 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced, separately shopping list
- 2 Tbs. flour shopping list
- 1-2/3 cup milk shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling shopping list
- 1 loaf crusy bread shopping list
- melted butter shopping list
- parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top of bread shopping list
How to make it
- In a large sauce pan of boiling, salted water, cook the tortellini until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, add the peas, butter and scallion whites to another large sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the flour, and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk, and bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Stir in the scallion greens and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tortellini and 1/3 cup cheese into the sauce. Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cut your crusty bread into slices and brush with melted butter, sprinkle cheese over the slices and broil on an aluminum foil lined sheet pan until browned, about 1 minute.
- **recipe and photograph from "Every Day with Rachael Ray" magazine**
The Cookknwalter Paulsboro, New Jersey
The Rating5 people
Great recipe!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I love this and it looks yummy! I'm trying it this week. Thanks :-)jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
It is on my weekly meal list!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!