Lemon Pudding SouffleFrom silverlining0814 7 years ago
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup of milk shopping list
- powdered sugar for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- generously butter a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish or a stright sided casserole dish
- Separate the eggs, reserving 3 of the whites in a mixing bowl and all 4 yolks in a separate mixing bowl
- Add 1 cup of the sugar, butter and the lemon zest to the egg yolks
- Blend them together on a mrdium-high speed until well blended
- Then blend in the flour, followed by the lemon juice,vanilla and salt
- Put mixer on low speed and slowly blend in the milk
- Clean and dry the mixer's beaters and beat the egg whites on a low speed, gradually increasing speed to a medium-high speed until soft peaks hold.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue to blend the whites until they are semi-stiff.
- Gently fold half the whites into the batter until evenly mixed and then mix the other half in.
- Pour batter into baking dish
- Place dish into a shallow 13 inch by 9 inch pan
- Carefully pour hot water into pan to a depth of about 3/4 of an inch
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes until puffed and golden brown
- If you need to check on it be careful not to open oven door all the way and to shut it very gently or the souffle could fall a little.
- When done baking, remove from the water pan and let cool for about 15 minutes and dust with powdered sugar.