White Corn With Baby Peas SaladFrom dariana 7 years ago
- 1 16-ounce package frozen white whole kernel corn (shoe peg), thawed shopping list
- 1 16-ounce package frozen baby peas, thawed shopping list
- 1 cup chopped, peeled jicama shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped red and/or orange sweet pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl combine the corn, peas, jicama, celery, green onions, and sweet pepper.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine the vinegar, brown sugar, parsley, salt, and white pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour over the corn mixture; toss gently to coat. Stir in mint. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Note: Jicama is a large, tuberous root vegetable with pale brown, thin skin and crisp white meat. Jicama resembles a large, brown turnip. The skin peels off easily to reveal pure white, potatolike meat that has a clean, crisp bite and a mildly sweet flavor. It is peeled before using and is eaten raw or cooked.