Great grilled Skirt SteakFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- skirt steak - 1 pound shopping list
- chili powder - 1 tablespoon shopping list
- ground cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon shopping list
- Large garlic clove - minced and mashed to a paste with 1 tsp coarse salt shopping list
- Worchestershire sauce - 2 teaspoons shopping list
- sugar - 1 teaspoon shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper - 3/4 teaspoon shopping list
- allspice - 1/4 teaspoon shopping list
- vegetable oil or olive oil - 1 tablespoon shopping list
How to make it
- To start this skirt steak recipe, combine all spice rub ingredients (chili powder, cumin, garlic, Worchestershire, sugar, pepper, allspice and oil) in a bowl and mix completely.
- Rub spice rub all over meat, making sure to get it into all the nooks and crannies of the skirt steak.
- Seal in a plastic bag or other container, tightly sealed with as little additional air as possible.
- Marinate in refrigerator for several hours and up to 2 days. I prefer at least overnight for the flavors to really incorporate.
- Remove from refrigerator at least an hour before preparing to let it reach room temperature before cooking.
- Prepare a hot grill for this skirt steak recipe (you want direct, high heat to sear the steaks quickly).
- Season additionally with a sprinkling of coarse salt, as desired, just before grilling.
- Grill 3 to 5 minutes each side until just springy to the touch, for medium rare. Be careful cooking too much longer because since the skirt steak is thin it will cook through very quickly on a hot grill.
- Move meat to a platter and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand at least 5 minutes.
- Cut steaks into slices on the diagonal, against the grain of the meat.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
another great steak recipeherby in Albany loved it
This is a great variation on my favorite grilled meat! I grew up on skirt steak. I moved to Chicago for the first five years of my marriage and lived in a large Irish-Catholic enclave on the South Side. I was looked down upon when I would walk into...moredosh70 in Springfield loved it
Yum! I just tried this recipe tonight and came back to print out a copy. It is a great blend of spices. Super easy and was great for fajitas. Wouldn't change a thing.pjrichard in Washington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!