MINI CHOCOLATE CUPCAKESFrom donnaja1231 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- vegetable oil cooking spray shopping list
- 1 teaspoon confectioners sugar for dusting shopping list
- Special equipment: a mini-muffin pan with 12 (1/8-cup) muffin cups, preferably nonstick shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bring water and dates just to a boil in a 1-quart heavy saucepan, then transfer mixture to a food processor and add cocoa powder and chocolate, pulsing once to combine. Let cool 2 minutes, then add brown sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and a pinch of salt, then purée until smooth. Add flour and pulse just until incorporated.
- Spray muffin cups with cooking spray. (If pan is not nonstick, line sprayed bottoms with rounds of wax paper, then spray paper.) Spoon batter into cups, dividing it evenly, and bake in middle of oven until a wooden pick or skewer comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan on a rack 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack (remove wax paper, if using) and cool completely, right side up. Just before serving, sprinkle tops lightly with confectioners sugar.