Margarita Shrimp with Fried SaladFrom nuitblanche 6 years ago
- 2 hearts of romaine, cut into 1" strips shopping list
- 1 bell pepper sliced into thin strips (red or green) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon finely minced ginger shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- ½ c sliced onions shopping list
- 1 tbsp of minced green onions OR garlic scapes (see note below) shopping list
- ¾ c baby carrots, sliced lengthwise shopping list
- ¼ c salted, roasted peanuts shopping list
- Margarita marinated shrimp shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a wok up to high temperature, then coat with some canola or peanut oil.
- Add peppers and carrots and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until they begin to take on some color but remain crisp.
- Add onion, green onion and ginger, toss to combine.
- Add romaine lettuce and toss to combine with other ingredients. Once the romaine begins to slightly wilt down, add the soy sauce.
- Remove vegies from wok to a bowl and add shrimp, peanuts and cornstarch
- Continue to stir-fry, about another 2 minutes until shrimps is pink and liquid thickens. Serve over rice.
- IF you happen to be growing your own garlic...you are, aren't you? and it is seasonal to snip a beginning scape or very fine leaf, snip this up and add instead of green onion.
The Cooknuitblanche Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!