Pepper Stuffed ChickenFrom dawniemom 7 years ago
- 1 Tbls olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. basil shopping list
- 1/4 c. feta cheese shopping list
- 4 chicken breast (with skin & bone) shopping list
- 3/4 c. white wine (I use apple Fruitesia from Shaws market) shopping list
- 1 T. butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil, add the onion, pepper, garlic, salt & pepper, and herbs and cook until onion is translucent and peppers are soft. Let cool. When cooled, add the cheese, tossing well to distribute.
- In the meantime, prepare chicken. Loosen the skin of the chicken and stuff 1/4 of the mixture in between skin and flesh. Sprinkle the tops with salt & pepper and place in a metal baking dish.
- Roast chicken for about 30 to 40 minutes (mine needed about an hour, and I checked them with a meat thermometer first) or until chicken juices run clear when pierced. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the pan on the stove top, about med. high heat. Add the white wine and using a whisk, get all the browned bits. Let the pan juices reduce reduce to about half. Remove the heat, add the butter, whisk well, and serve over the top of chicken.