Egg - Cottage Cheese SaladFrom grandmacooks 6 years ago
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp marjoram (optional) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives shopping list
- lettuce to line serving plate shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tsp chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Hard cook the eggs; cool, peel, and slice in half lengthwise.
- Hold back three of the egg halves, then coarsely chop the remaining eggs into a bowl.
- Add the cottage cheese, salt, mustard, marjoram, pepper and chives to the chopped egg in the bolw and mix until they are well blended.
- Pack mixture into a small bowl (or other container as desired) to mold.
- Line serving plate with lettuce.
- Unmold the egg-cottage cheese mixture onto the lettuce.
- Slice tomatoes into 8 wedges each.
- Place tomato wedges on the lettuce around the molded mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over top of everything.
- Press the 3 reserved egg halfs into the molded salad.
- Chill at least 30 minutes or longer if desired.
- Serve cold.