Turkey Lasagna RollsFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 8 ounces ground raw turkey shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 7-1/2-ounce can tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed shopping list
- 8 packaged dried lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1 15-ounce carton ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces) shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- fresh parsley sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- For sauce, in a large skillet cook turkey, onion, and garlic until turkey is brown; drain fat. Stir in mushrooms, water, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, and basil. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the filling on each lasagna noodle. Starting from a narrow end, roll up each lasagna noodle. Place lasagna rolls in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Pour sauce over lasagna rolls. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and, if desired, garnish with parsley sprigs.