Cheese and Nut Stuffed ShellsFrom watson2167 8 years ago
- 24 dried jumbo shell macaroni* shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 15-ounce carton ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz.) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 oz.) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 26-ounce jar thick and chunky pasta sauce (2-3/4 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain shells; rinse with cold water and drain well. Set shells aside. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large bowl stir together the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the walnuts, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each cooked shell. Arrange filled shells in the baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over shells. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!