Indonesian Cinnamon PorkFrom wmhaynes 5 years ago
- 2 lbs lean pork shopping list
- juice of 3 lemons shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil (soybean is fine) shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, diced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Fresh shredded ginger shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup sweet soy (You can make by mixing 1:1 molasses and soy) shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- This is a really easy dish to make and incredibly tasty.
- Remove any fat from the pork. Cut the pork into thin strips. Toss the pork in the lemon juice, salt, and ground pepper.
- Pour the oil into a non-stick skillet at bring to a hot temperature. Saute the pork in the oil and add in the garlic, shredded ginger, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick. Saute until lightly cooked through.
- Add water, sweet soy, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Stir well and simmer for 20 minutes tightly covered.
- Remove cover and add a little water if it's already thickening. Stir well. Simmering it down until the liquid becomes a thick dark syrup. The meat at this point should be very tender and the liquid flavor filled! Serve and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Great with rice and veggies.