Tans FlanFrom jena 6 years ago
How to make it
- On the stovetop, use a corningware dish and add sugar a little at a time into the dish and carmelize it on medium heat.
- Add all sugar and carmelize until golden color.
- Set aside on counter and let it harden to approx. 1/4 inch of carmelized sugar.
- In a mixing bowl add the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, eggs and half and half or cream cheese. The cream cheese makes more of a cheesecake and the half and half makes more of a custard.
- When the sugar has hardened, add the mixture on top in the corningware.
- Put the corningware dish in a cake pan filled with an inch of water to use as a double boiler.
- Avoid getting any water in the corningware dish.
- Cover the corningware dish with lid or tinfoil.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool and put in fridg to solidify
- To serve, flip onto a plate with the carmel side on top. Drizzle any extra carmel liquid on top.
The Cookjena MN
- Not added to any groups yet!