Sonny Bonos Rigatoni with Sausage and Short Ribs Sugo di SpuntatureFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 1/4 c. olive oil shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minces shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut into 1" cubes, patted dry shopping list
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, halfed crosswise shopping list
- 6 beef short ribs shopping list
- 3 15-oz. cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 c. water shopping list
- 2 c. dry red wine shopping list
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 T. dried basil, crumbled shopping list
- 1 T. dried oregano, crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 T. chopped fresh basil shopping list
- fresly cooked rigatoni pasta shopping list
- freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until tendere, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan using slotted spoon. Increase heat to high. Add chuck and brown well on all sides. Remove using slotted spoon. Add sausage and brown well on all sides. Return onion, garlic and chuck to pan. Add short ribs, tomato sauce, water, wine, tomato paste, dried basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer until chuck is very tender, about 3 hours, degreasing occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir in fresh basil. Divide rigatoni among bowls. Top with short ribs and meat mixture. Serve, passing parmesan separately.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating2 people
Thank-you for this great recipe!
Who says that I have to wait till
Autumn to make this 'delectable delight'?
I am going to try it, 'ASAP' !!!!
A "5" FORKS !!!
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Ohhhh sooooo good - no need to wait this sounds awesome! Another 5 forks!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it