Green and Yellow Bean SaladFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 3/4 lb. small, slender green beans shopping list
- 3/4 lb. small, slender yellow wax beans (or use more green beans if can't fine yellow beans) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped chives, plus whole chives for garnish shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pour about 3 qt. water into a 5- to 6-qt. pan, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, remove ends and any strings from green and yellow beans.
- Add beans to boiling water. Meanwhile, fill a bowl with ice and water. Cook beans, uncovered, until beans are tender-crisp when pierced, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, then immerse in ice water until cool, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain again.
- In a wide salad bowl, stir together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and chopped chives. Add beans and mix with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with whole chives.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!