Chicken And Pesto PastaFrom kalligraphia 7 years ago
- 3 chicken breast fillets shopping list
- lemon-pepper seasoning shopping list
- parsley flakes or fresh parsley shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil + 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 lbs. fusilli pasta (I recommend Ronzoni Smart pasta) shopping list
- 1 Jar Pre-made Pesto--I like Classico--(or, see below) shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- handful fresh basil shopping list
- 2-3 cups olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Chop chicken breasts into 1" cubes
- Season liberally with lemon-pepper, parsley, salt and pepper on both sides
- Set 1 large pot of salted water to boil, then cook pasta about 8 min.
- Combine olive oil & lemon juice thoroughly, then coat bottom of a large skillet and heat on medium high until oil begins to bubble
- Pan fry chicken in hot oil about 5 minutes each side (I pulled a piece off and cut in half to check for pink before finishing)
- Once pasta is ready, drain and pour into large bowl.
- If making pesto from scratch, add basil, garlic, and olive oil to food processor and pulse until smooth. Add pesto to hot pasta and toss to coat
- Add chicken to pasta, toss lightly, and serve
The Cookkalligraphia Houston, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!