Vegan CorndogsFrom veryvegan 5 years ago
- 6 veggie dogs shopping list
- 6 skewers shopping list
- 1/2 c yellow corn meal shopping list
- 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 1 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- egg replacer for 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 c soy milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp melted shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add soy milk, egg replacer, and shortening, mix until very smooth.
- Pour mixture into tall glass. Skewer Smart Dogs on sticks and dip in cornmeal batter to coat evenly.
- Deep fry in oil heated to 350 degrees until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookveryvegan Winnipeg, CA
The Rating4 people
good recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I made these tonight and they turned out awesome. It required a tad more soymilk to thin the batter, and next time I might omit the sugar for a bit more savory. I also used oil instead of melted shortening out of pure laziness. They looked amazing, j...moreoosphere in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!