Vegan Black Beans In Mango SauceFrom veryvegan 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 c minced red onion shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 3-inch jalapeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 15-oz cans black beans, drained shopping list
- 6 tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 2 large ripe mangoes, minced shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- minced fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in skillet. Sauté onion, garlic, chili, ginger, cumin and salt 3 mins on medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add black bean and half the lime juice. Sauté 5 minutes or until beans are heated, transfer to bowl.
- Stir in lime juice and mangoes, add pepper to taste. Cover, let sauce develop for 15 minutes.
- Top with minced cilantro before serving.
- To make this dish even more hearty and filling, serve over a bed of brown rice (Not instant!)
The Cookveryvegan Winnipeg, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!