Spinach Crepes With Ricotta CheeseFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- Crepes: shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp. oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- ricotta cheese Filling: shopping list
- 2 tbsp. pinenuts shopping list
- 1 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Tomato-Onion Sauce: shopping list
- 17 oz. can tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour, add eggs and oil; gradually stir in milk. Thaw and squeeze liquid out of spinach. Stir into batter. Pour 1/4 cup batter into greased, heated pan. Repeat with remaining batter. Cook slowly until golden underneath, turn, brown other side. Put a tbsp. of filling in centre of each pancake, fold in half, then in half again. Place in greased, shallow, ovenproof dish, cover, bake in moderate oven 15 minutes.
- Ricotta Cheese Filling: Stir pinenuts over low heat until golden, allow to cool. Beat ricotta cheese with parmesan cheese, pinenuts, salt and pepper.
- Tomato-Onion Sauce: Saute crushed garlic and finely chopped onion in butter. Add mashed, undrained tomatoes and water, bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered 15 minutes. Strain, reheat.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!