Pasta Twirls with Creamy Mushroom Sauce veganFrom pingvinas 7 years ago
- 250g (9oz) mushrooms shopping list
- 300ml (11 fl oz) soy milk, sweetened or non sweetened shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- pasta twirls, as much as you usually have for 2 servings (I use 150g) shopping list
- 75g (3oz) sweetcorn kernels, canned or frozen shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornflour shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the mushrooms, halving them first if large. Put them in a large pan with the soy milk, thyme and bay leaf. Bring slowly up to simmering point (more liquid will come out of the mushrooms as you do this). Simmer uncovered, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add the parsley and leave, covered, for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta, starting it to coincide with the end of the 30 minutes and adding the sweetcorn before it's done - 2 minutes before for canned or 4 minutes before for frozen (don't need to thaw it first).
- When the 30 minutes are up, mix a little of the mushroom milk in a cup with the cornflour, then add to the pan off the heat. Mix well then bring back to simmering point and simmer 30 seconds to thicken.
- Drain the pasta and sweetcorn mix well, then add to the mushroom sauce. Mix well, season to taste and serve with a tomato salad.