Quiche LorraineFrom ruskingirl 7 years ago
- 1 cup bacon bits shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (I prefer homemade but you may buy a prepared shell) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or two tablespoons finely shredded onions shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- pinch of salt, optional shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon in a medium frying pan until crisp (not burnt) and drain on a paper towel, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses and sprinkle half the mixture into the pie shell. Sprinkle on the bacon bits, then cover with the remaining cheese combination. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion powder, pepper and salt, beat until thoroughly mixed. Pour over the cheese and sprinkle with the nutmeg.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm and wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before cutting into pie-shaped slices.