OLD WORLD CARROT CAKEFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 3 lg eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 c sugar shopping list
- 1 c Plus 2 Tbsp salad oil shopping list
- 2 c Plus 1 Tbsp sifted cake-flour shopping list
- 1 1/8 ts cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- 1 tb baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 c shredded coconut shopping list
- 2 c Grated carrots shopping list
- 1 c Plus 2 Tbsp crushed, drained pineapple shopping list
- 1 c Plus 2 Tbsp crushed walnuts shopping list
- 1 c raisins shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1/2 c Softened margarine or butter shopping list
- 8 oz Softened cream cheese shopping list
- 1 lb Confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 t vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour three 8" layer pans. Combine eggs, sugar and oil. Beat on high speed until creamy and thick, 3-5 minutes. Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Slowly add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to egg mixture; beat well. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients, beating well after each addition. Batter will be extrememly stiff; it may be necessary to blend with a spatula or spoon. One by one,fold in carrots, coconut, pineapple, walnuts and raisins.
- Divide batter between the 3-8” prepared cake pans. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, arranging cake pans in oven once. The cake is done when the tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pans 5 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool completely.
- When cakes are cool, prepare frosting: combine margarine, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Frost cake.