CHIPOTLE APPLE PECAN CAKEFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1 ½ cups cooking oil shopping list
- 1 ¾ cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla shopping list
- 3 large (1 ¼ lb) sweet-tart apples peeled, cored, and diced (3 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 1 recipe spicy Carmel glaze ( recipe below) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly coat 10-inch fluted tube pan with cooking spray; lightly sprinkle with flour. Set aside. In a large bowl combine the 3 cups flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, chipotle, ginger, white pepper, salt, and cloves; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat oil and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and as much flour mixture as you can. Stir in remaining flour mixture, apples, and pecans. Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours, until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare Spicy Caramel Glaze. Cool Cake in pan 10 minutes; invert on rack. Place rack over baking sheet. Drizzle warm cake with Spicy caramel Glaze, respooning glaze that drips on baking sheet over cake. Cool completely before serving.
- Makes 16 servings
- SPICY CARAMEL GLAZE
- In a saucepan combine ½ cup packed brown sugar, ¼ cup butter, ¼ cup whipping cream, and ½ tsp. ground chipotle pepper. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil gently 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tsp. Vanilla let stand 1 ¼ hours until slightly thickenend. Drizzle over warm cake