Spiced Green Tea and White Chocolate Ice CreamFrom lenora 6 years ago
- 1 c. heavy cream shopping list
- 2 c. whole milk shopping list
- 1/8 t. fine salt shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean shopping list
- 1/8 t. freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 c. superfine sugar shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 T. matcha powder, sifted* shopping list
- 8 oz. white chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium heavy saucepan, bring the cream, milk, vanilla beans/pod, nutmeg, sugar and salt to low boil, stirring constantly.
- Sit aside to infuse.
- After 10 minutes, fish out the vanilla pod pieces with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs until they become noticably paler yellow.
- Pour the warm cream mixture in a thin steady stream into the bowl of eggs, whisking continously while pouring.
- Return the cream and egg mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, just until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of it, about 5 minutes.
- Do not let it boil. Remove from the heat, add the shifted matcha powder and stir well with a whisk.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 second intervals until melted, stirring between intervals.
- Add the chocolate to the custard and whisk to combine.
- Cool the cream to room temperature in an cold water bath, cover with a layer of plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely cold.
- Freeze according to instructions for your ice cream machine.
- *One tablespoon of matcha powder makes a relatively mild green tea ice cream. However, if you really enjoy the grassy flavor of green tea, you can add as much as 2 tablespoons of powder and still get a creamy ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- lenora Oak Park, MI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklenora Oak Park, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!