Mushroom-Leek SoupFrom marielaf 6 years ago
- 1 leek, 1" in diameter shopping list
- 1 clove crushed or minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 c. finely diced or shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 c. finely sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp marjoram shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 4 whole allspice shopping list
- sea salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste shopping list
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 c buttermilk + 1 tbsp bread crumbs shopping list
- OPTIONAL: sour cream, cooked crumbled bacon shopping list
How to make it
- Slice the leek as finely as possible.
- Saute leek, garlic and carrots in olive oil until leeks are just translucent.
- Add mushrooms, water and seasonings.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until all vegetables are tender.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- OPTIONAL: Thicken by adding buttermilk and bread crumbs and stirring until heated through (will thicken quickly).
- OPTIONAL: Serve either clear or thickened, with bowls of sour cream and/or bacon as toppings.
The Cookmarielaf Kenosha, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!