peanut pad thaiFrom rcragun 7 years ago
- 8 ounces udon noodles (or rice noodles) shopping list
- 1/3 cup peanut oil shopping list
- 16 ounces tofu, cut into small cubes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 onion (or the equivalent in scallions) shopping list
- 2 eggs, scrambled (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup peanuts, diced shopping list
- 2 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/2 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 lemon, quartered (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in a small saucepan. Add the noodles and let cook for 6 to 10 minutes, until al dente (don't cook them all the way through).
- Heat all of the oil In a large frying pan (or wok) on medium high to high. Add the tofu and ginger and cook until the tofu has browned - about 5 to 8 minutes on high. Add the onions (and eggs) and reduce the heat just slightly to medium high.
- Once the onions are translucent and the eggs have cooked, add the soy sauce, peanut butter, diced peanuts, and bean sprouts. Stir until completely mixed and let saute for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until completely mixed, then remove from heat. Serve with lemon for additional flavor.
- Note: This recipe reheats well, but you should always keep some lemon juice on hand to freshen it up.
The Cookrcragun Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!