Grilled Coffee Chili SteaksFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- For Rub: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (as mild or as hot as you like it!) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coffee, brewed strong shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 4 steaks, 10-12 ounces each shopping list
How to make it
- Trim excess fat from steaks and set aside at room temperature.
- If baking potatoes, put the potatoes in the oven now or on the grill.
- Make the rub by stirring together the following ingredients in a small bowl: chili powder, onion salt, cumin, sugar, and black pepper.
- Stir as you add the coffee and the melted butter to form a smooth paste.
- Rub the paste on BOTH sides of each steak, massaging it into the meat with your fingers.
- If grilling corn, add to the grill now.
- Oil the grill rack and place the steaks on to cook, turning only once.
- These taste best at medium rare which should take about 15 minutes.
- Cook longer to your taste.