Potato And Salmon Salad - RussianFrom lor 8 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3 - 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) canned salmon, drained (I prefer to use smoked salmon. It's up to you as both are tasty.) shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise, or as desired shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, for garnish shopping list
- Caviar if desired shopping list
- pickled beets shopping list
How to make it
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Cover and let eggs stand in boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and run cold water over the eggs and peel.
- When the eggs are cooking, place the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, and saute until translucent.
- If you are using canned salmon, drain and flake and spread it over the bottom of a lightly buttered glass baking dish or serving dish. Spread the sauteed onions over the salmon. Drop a couple of spoon of mayonnaise over the onion layer. Top with potatoes, and spread enough mayonnaise just to add moisture to the layer.
- Finally, slice the eggs, and cover the layer of potatoes. Spread mayonnaise over the eggs, and garnish with chopped parsley.
- If you wish, you can reserve some of the egg to chop and sprinkle over the top as well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- This is lovely served with caviar and pickled beets.
- Serves 4