Provencial Rabbit StewFrom edshred 6 years ago
- 1 rabbit 1.3kg / 2&3/4lb shopping list
- 2 leeks shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tspn dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tspn dried parsley shopping list
- 500ml (approx 1 pint) red wine shopping list
- small bunch of fresh sage(6 leaves for marinade, rest for bouquet garni) shopping list
- small bunch of fresh thyme for bouquet garni shopping list
- 4 tblspns olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 500ml vegetable stock shopping list
- 8 medium potatoes shopping list
- 2 carrots shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Divide Rabbit into 10-12 pieces
- Marinate in red wine with the herbs & white of leeks(thinly sliced) & a pinch of salt & pepper for 2 hrs
- thinly slice the green part of the leeks
- in a deep casserole pan fry the leeks in olive oil for 5 min
- thinly slice the onion, and brown with the leeks.
- Remove rabbit pieces from marinade, brown with leek and onions.
- In a food processor chop(puree) the marinade.
- add puree and vegetable stock to the browned rabbit, and simmer for an hour.
- At the same time , boil seperately carrots and potatoes until al dente (almost done)
- add the bouquet garni of herbs, potatoes & carrots to the stew, and simmer for another half an hour.