Chocolate Zucchini CakeFrom lenora 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or sour milk) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 2 cups shredded zucchini shopping list
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Prepare a 9X13 inch baking pan
- Cream together butter, oil, and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Beat with an electric mixer.
- <ix together all of the dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture, beat well.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top pf cake
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Note: To make sour milk add 1 tsp lemon juice to 1/2 cup of milk. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
- Note: Mix chocolate chips in 1 tbls. of flour to prevent chips from sinking to the bottom of the cake while baking.