Stuffed Cornish Hens with Swiss ChardFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1/4c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 lg. shallot,finely chopped shopping list
- 4 slices soft whole grain bread,cut in smallpieces shopping list
- 2 oz. sliced prosciutto ,chopped shopping list
- 2 oz. dried mango,chopped shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth shopping list
- 4 1 to 11/4 lb. Cornish hens shopping list
- 1/4c flour shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic,coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2lbs. swiss chard,sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325. In a medium skillet,heat 1 Tbs olive oil over med heat. Add the shallot and cook till softened. Add the bread cubes,prosciutto and mango. Stir in 1/2c chicken broth;remove from heat and let cool. Stuff each hen with 1/4 of the mixture and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Sprinkle the flour on the hens. In a large dutchoven,heat 2Tbs olive oil over med heat. Add half the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the hens and cook,turning once,until browned.
- Arrange the hens ,breast side up,add the remaining chicken broth,cover and bring to a simmer. Transfer to oven,and cook until thermometer registers 160 when inserted in the thigh,about 55 mins..
- Transfer the hens to a platter and tent with foil. Transfer the cooking liquid to a small bowl,reserving the dutch oven.. Let the liquid settle,then skim the fat from the surface;discard.
- In dutch oven,heat the remaining 1Tbs olive oil and garlic over med heat. Add the chard and cook until wilted,about 3 mins Serve alongside the hens with reserved juices.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Great cornish hens Veggie a plus thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love cornish game hens! Great stuffing recipe, not the same old thing!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!