Stuffed Cornish Hens with Swiss ChardFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1/4c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 lg. shallot,finely chopped shopping list
- 4 slices soft whole grain bread,cut in smallpieces shopping list
- 2 oz. sliced prosciutto ,chopped shopping list
- 2 oz. dried mango,chopped shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth shopping list
- 4 1 to 11/4 lb. Cornish hens shopping list
- 1/4c flour shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic,coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2lbs. swiss chard,sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325. In a medium skillet,heat 1 Tbs olive oil over med heat. Add the shallot and cook till softened. Add the bread cubes,prosciutto and mango. Stir in 1/2c chicken broth;remove from heat and let cool. Stuff each hen with 1/4 of the mixture and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Sprinkle the flour on the hens. In a large dutchoven,heat 2Tbs olive oil over med heat. Add half the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the hens and cook,turning once,until browned.
- Arrange the hens ,breast side up,add the remaining chicken broth,cover and bring to a simmer. Transfer to oven,and cook until thermometer registers 160 when inserted in the thigh,about 55 mins..
- Transfer the hens to a platter and tent with foil. Transfer the cooking liquid to a small bowl,reserving the dutch oven.. Let the liquid settle,then skim the fat from the surface;discard.
- In dutch oven,heat the remaining 1Tbs olive oil and garlic over med heat. Add the chard and cook until wilted,about 3 mins Serve alongside the hens with reserved juices.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Love cornish game hens! Great stuffing recipe, not the same old thing!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
Great cornish hens Veggie a plus thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!