Marie Callenders Lemon Cream Cheese PieFrom henrie 6 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- cream cheese Filling shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- lemon Filling shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar in a small bowl. Press the crust mixture into an 8-inch pie pan.
- Prepare the cream cheese filling by mixing cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and an egg using an electric mixer. Mix well until smooth. Pour cream cheese filling into graham cracker crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is cooked. A knife stuck in the middle of the filling should come out mostly clean.
- As the pie cools, make the lemon filling by combining 1/2 cup sugar with cornstarch, salt and water in a small saucepan. Set mixture over low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in egg yolks, then add lemon juice and butter. When mixture simmers again remove it immediately from the heat. Pour the lemon filling over the cream cheese filling, and let the pie cool. When cool, chill pie in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating6 people
lemon delicious! Thanks for sharingjett2whit in Union City loved it
Absolutely wonderful! I've had a pie like this in a restaurant, and this looks like the perfect recipe to make it at home!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
love lemon pie thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it