High-Rise Chicken PaniniFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 8 1/2-inch slices hearty multigrain or ciabatta bread shopping list
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing shopping list
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sliced or shredded purchased deli-roasted chicken shopping list
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into strips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat an electric sandwich press, a covered indoor grill, a grill pan, or a 12-inch skillet. To assemble sandwiches, spread one side of each bread slice with the mayonnaise. Layer basil, chicken, and roasted sweet peppers on 4 of the bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise sides down. Brush both sides of each sandwich with oil.
- Place sandwiches (half at a time, if necessary) in the sandwich press or indoor grill; cover and cook about 6 minutes or until bread is toasted. (If using a grill pan or skillet, place sandwiches on grill pan. Weight sandwiches down* and grill about 2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted. Turn sandwiches over, weight down, and grill until remaining side is lightly toasted.)
- Place a heavy skillet or pie plate with a can of vegetables on top of sandwiches to weight down.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating7 people
Yummmmo! Great idea to have for a girls' night, too! :) Gotta have something chocolate for dessert, too! :) TY! :)
~Melbakermel in Topeka loved it
Delicious and pretty! Thanks for sharing - I love grilled sandwiches. - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it