Dried Tomato PestoFrom shawdowsmom 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups broth (whatever your preference) shopping list
- 1/2 cup tightly packed sweet basil shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine tomatoes and broth, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand until softened (10-20 minutes.)
- Remove tomatoes, place in a food processor. Retain broth.
- Add remaining ingredients plus a few tablespoons of broth to processor.
- Process until smooth, stopping to scrap sides and add broth as necessary.
- Process until desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serve with bowties or other pasta with larger surfaces.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups.