Bourbon PieFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon bourbon shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecan pieces shopping list
How to make it
- For pastry add the shortening and butter to flour and salt.
- Work mixture with fingertips until it resembles corn flakes.
- Blend in water until all ingredients can be worked into a ball then chill.
- Roll out dough and fit into a 9" pie pan.
- Fill with pie weights or dry beans to keep sides from collapsing and bake at 425 for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lower temperature to 350.
- Mix all filling ingredients together and pour into shell then bake 50 minutes.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!