Coconut Mounds CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 20 large marshmallows shopping list
- 14 ounce package flaked coconut shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Mix and bake cake mix as directed for two layers.
- Let layers cool then split each layer in half lengthwise.
- In a saucepan over medium heat mix together sugar, margarine and 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
- Cook 10 minutes then stir in marshmallows and mix until smooth.
- Stir in coconut then spread filling between cake layers.
- Mix together cocoa, remaining evaporated milk, confectioner's sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and spread over top and sides of cake.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!