Thai Sweet Potato And Sugar Snap Pea Salad - Oxygen Magazine July 06From zeeskiet 8 years ago
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/4c seasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/4c low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp Smart Balance omega blend mayo shopping list
- 4 tsp fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- ½ tbsp roasted sesame oil shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (2 ½ tsp pre-minced) shopping list
- 1.5 tbsp natural peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce shopping list
- 1.5 tsp sugar-free maple syrup shopping list
- Salad shopping list
- 2 lbs yams, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes shopping list
- 2 cups (one bag) sugar snap peas, cut into ½ inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2c sliced green onion shopping list
- 1/4c dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place the sweet potatoes on a large saucepan with enough water to cover and bring to a boil, then cook about 7 minutes, until tender but not mushy (test with a fork). Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a blender, mix dressing ingredients on low speed until smooth.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cool, put them in a large bowl, add the sugar snap peas, onions and dressing. Mix thoroughly and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with peanuts before serving.