Chilled Garbanzo and Potato Salad With Onion and GarlicFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 pounds red potatoes shopping list
- 3 Italian plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 medium red onion minced shopping list
- 16 ounce can garbanzo beans shopping list
- 1/4 pound fresh spinach shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried hot red chilies shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and scrub potatoes and cut into bite size pieces.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl then allow to sit a few minutes.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan then add potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes then drain potatoes and rinse well under cold water.
- Drain beans and rinse thoroughly under cold water.
- Cut tomatoes into bite size pieces but smaller than potato pieces.
- Chop up spinach then mix everything together including the dressing.
- Cover bowl and chill at least 4 hours tossing twice to make sure dressing coats everything.
- Serve at room temperature.