Golden Beet and Potato SaladFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced thin shopping list
- 2 medium beets shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes shopping list
- 1 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 dill pickles finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup herring fillets finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 hard boiled egg shopping list
How to make it
- In boiling water cook the carrots for 5 minutes then drain well and set aside.
- Boil beets for 12 minutes then drain, peel and chop into small cubes and set aside.
- Boil potatoes in their jackets until tender but slightly firm about 30 minutes.
- Drain peel and cut potatoes into small cubes.
- In a large bowl combine cubed potatoes, carrots and beets.
- Add chopped onion, pickles and herring then mix well.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar and stir to mix well.
- Add this dressing to the potato mixture then toss well to mix thoroughly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and sliced boiled eggs.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!