Irish SconesFrom debwin 6 years ago
How to make it
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl
- Cut in the shortening until crumbly.
- Stir in the currants or rasins.
- Mix the beaten eggs and cream together. Pour over flour mixture and mix with a fork until dough holds together (do not over mix)
- Knead dough on a floured surface 10-15 times.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces; form each into a flat circle.
- Score with a knife into pie shaped wedges.
- Place on lined baking sheets; brush with some melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425F 15-20 mins.